Latest-generation engines for low fuel consumption
The C4 Cactus is equipped with latest-generation, low-capacity engines. Already compliant with the future Euro 6 standard (PureTech petrol and BlueHDi diesel fit with Stop&Start), these modern and efficient engines are extremely frugal:
• normally-aspirated 3-cylinder, 1.2-litre PureTech VTi 82;
• turbocharged e-THP 110 PureTech engine with central direct injection and dual variable valve timing;
• BlueHDi 100, a new step towards cleaner diesels with record CO2 emissions, as low as 82 g/km, and controlled fuel consumption, starting at 3.1 l/100 km.
Low running cost
Low running costs: bringing motorists more… for less
CITROËN solved the cost equation by adopting a pragmatic approach.
Car ownership costs come in two main forms: retail price and cost in use (fuel consumption, maintenance costs, and so on).
CITROËN has developed real-life solutions for each component:
• innovations that are economic in use, including the panoramic glass roof with advanced heat protection (and sunblind-free) and the Magic Wash wiper system;
• latest-generation engines, with the PureTech petrol units and BlueHDi diesel, for lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Optimised body mass
200 kg less than a hatchback
The C4 Cactus weighs 200 kg less than the Citroën C4, a feat achieved by forthright design choices:
• a compact, lightweight platform
• latest-generation, low-capacity engines
• and, above all, bold design options including an aluminium bonnet and hinge-opening rear windows.
The reduced body mass of the C4 Cactus was also achieved through innovations such as the sunblind-free panoramic glass roof with advanced heat protection and the Magic Wash wiper system.
Reduced running costs
Doing away with the superfluous to reduce cost in use
Running costs were also reduced by combining an optimised platform with efficient, latest-generation engines.
The low fuel consumption offered by these engines (just 82 g/km of CO2 and 3.1 l/100 km for the BlueHDi 100 version and under 100 g/km for the petrol models) means considerable savings at the pump.
The work achieved on reducing vehicle weight has also significantly decreased the wear on parts, which need to be replaced less often.
In all, the running costs of the Citroën C4 Cactus are nearly 20% lower than those of the leading models in the compact hatchback segment.
Bringing customers more of what really counts
The world is changing and consumer expectations are changing even faster. What about cars?
In response to that question, CITROËN has adopted an original approach, bringing customers more of what really counts through technological innovations and forthright choices on design, comfort, user-friendliness and running costs.
The C4 Cactus shifts the paradigm with a new combination of automotive content while remaining faithful to CITROËN’s DNA and Créative Technologie baseline. The Citroën C4 Cactus is the car that addresses today’s questions, with new ideas for a new world!
RECONCILING STYLING AND USE
With its strong yet eminently practical design features, the C4 Cactus meets a growing need for efficiency with its optimised shapes and flowing style lines.
The Citroën C4 Cactus stands apart with its unique and assertive styling, composed of pure, smooth and aggression-free surfaces and a floating rear quarter panel and roof that emphasise the body design.
The front end features a high-tech light signature with LED daytime running lights that underline the sleek headlamps built into the Airbumps®.
The light signature is rounded out by the 3D-effect rear lights that further enhance the design of the car.
The C4 Cactus also expresses its bold personality through graphic components focused on practicality, including roof bars combining style and functionality and Airbumps® that protect the car from everyday bumps. The C4 Cactus has a singular take on daring and creativity.
Airbump®, a world exclusive
The Airbump® is a successful fusion of style and practicality. A world exclusive, the supple skin protects your vehicle from everyday bumps and scratches while lending visual structure to the Citroën C4 Cactus.
The secret? A multitude of air capsules under a supple thermoplastic polyurethane skin, whose soft finish absorbs minor impact and offers tougher resistance to scratches.
The Airbumps® require no particular maintenance and make a direct contribution to reducing running costs.
Fully integrated in the design of the Citroën C4 Cactus on its sides and bumpers, the Airbumps® are available in four colours, Black, Grey, Dune and Chocolate, that can be mixed and matched with ten available body colours.
Dedicated to wellbeing
The interior design of the C4 Cactus is focused on an uncluttered, high-tech layout dedicated to wellbeing.
This aesthetic choice, fully in line with the philosophy of the C4 Cactus, frees up space for the driver and passengers while lending the cabin a
strong graphic feel in which each component has its natural place.
The slim dashboard and the user-friendly 7-inch touch tablet free up space. With its pure and smooth lines, the interior of the C4 Cactus places the focus squarely on human warmth and comfort.
Uncluttered and ergonomic dashboard
The dashboard innovates with its intelligent architecture aimed at user-friendliness, a sensation of roominess, and storage compartments.
To create the pure and uncluttered dashboard, driving and safety components were rethought and reorganised:
• 100% digital driver interface
• 7-inch touch tablet with seven touch-sensitive buttons grouping all vehicle controls
• simplified Easy Push gearbox control for Efficient Tronic Gearbox (ETG) models
• ceiling-mounted passenger airbag (Airbag in Roof technology), freeing up space for a large storage compartment, the Top Box, accessed from the top of the dashboard.
A huge, trunk-style glove box
The C4 Cactus features a capacious glove box, designed trunk-style and accessed directly from the top of the dashboard.
Front-seat passengers can use the 8.5 cubic litres of the Top Box to keep all their affairs within easy reach. In addition to its practicality and accessibility, the Top Box also contributes to the styling of the
C4 Cactus, with its straps and design scheme referencing the world of luggage. The ingenious integration of the Top Box in the dashboard was made possible by mounting the passenger airbag in the ceiling (Airbag in Roof technology), one of the numerous useful innovations on the Citroën C4 Cactus.
Sofa-style front seats
All for comfort and human warmth
CITROËN’s new approach is particularly well illustrated in the front seats of the C4 Cactus, designed in a sofa spirit to create an ambiance conducive to relaxation and human warmth.
The wide seats, independently adjustable, are associated with an all-new Easy Push automated gearbox control system that frees up space in the cabin.
The seat upholstery matches three interior design schemes, Ambiance Stone Grey, Pack Purple Inside and Pack Habana Inside, each one featuring a set of corresponding colours distributed harmoniously in the interior.
Wellbeing / roominess
Proportioned for liveability
The C4 Cactus has the dimensions of a compact hatchback and is optimally proportioned. The C4 Cactus has a wheelbase similar to that of the Citroën C4 and is equally spacious inside, but more compact, at 4.16 m long for a 2.60 m wheelbase.
The car is ideally proportioned for liveability and driving comfort with:
• a pleasant and spacious cabin (with knee room similar to that of the C4)
• a capacious 358-litre boot
• optimised height, at just 1.48 m, for greater aerodynamics
• reduced overhang, with the wheels placed firmly in the corners
Laidback interior: references to the luggage sector
The feel inside the C4 Cactus is elegant yet laidback. The cabin evokes the idea of travel with nods to the luggage sector.
• door handles with “luggage trunk” design (leather straps) and a large storage compartment, the Top Box, on the top of the dashboard;
• harmony between the seat upholstery, door design and dashboard with three design schemes: Ambiance Stone Grey, Pack Purple Inside and Pack Habana Inside.
7’’ Touch Drive Interface
100% digital and 100% intuitive
All C4 Cactus controls are grouped in a single screen. Motorists use the standard-fit 7-inch touch tablet and its seven touch-sensitive buttons to control all vehicle functionalities with a single click. The simple, intuitive and 100% digital tablet controls:
• all the media sources (nomad device connections, music and photo storage);
• the navigation system (perspective map view, speed limit display, traffic updates);
• automatic air conditioning;
• driving aids (Park Assist, reversing camera with colour display);
• telephone (Bluetooth hands-free function, contact list access, contact photo display);
• connected services (Citroën Multicity Connect via a 3G connection).
The Citroën C4 Cactus driver interface is 100% user-friendly, making everyday life that much easier.
Easy Push: simplified controls with three buttons, D, N, and R
On Efficient Tronic Gearbox (ETG) versions, the conventional gear lever has been replaced by the Easy Push system.
The simplified system consists of three buttons – D, N and R – on the lower part of the dashboard, along with steering-wheel paddles for regaining manual control at any moment. The D (Drive), N (Neutral) and R (Reverse) system couldn’t be more intuitive.
The system also frees up space in the driver interface while making the car easier to get familiar with.
Airbag in Roof
Ceiling-mounted passenger airbag
The world exclusive Airbag in Roof technology was designed by CITROËN to free up space and storage room by removing the passenger airbag from the dashboard.
The technology, perfectly illustrating the Brand’s Créative Technologie baseline, consists in mounting the passenger airbag in the ceiling.
In its new position, the airbag deploys naturally over the windscreen while retaining the same safety levels as a conventional airbag.
This technology contributes directly to wellbeing and safety.
Magic Wash halving the consumption of windscreen washer fluid
With this technology, CITROËN has improved visibility during windscreen washes. Magic Wash is a simple and ingenious PSA innovation that halves the consumption of washer fluid and eliminates the visual disturbance stemming from windscreen washes.
The windscreen washer nozzles are fit directly in the end of the wiper blade, covering it with a thin stream of fluid. Drivers get uninterrupted visibility, dirt marks on the bonnet are history, and washer fluid lasts twice as long.
Letting the light in, keeping the heat out
The Citroën C4 Cactus does away with the need for a sunblind to protect against glare and excessive heat. The panoramic glass roof with advanced heat protection features an innovative treatment that lets the light in but keeps the heat out.
The roof protects against UV rays with its strong filtering qualities, fostering a relaxed and pleasant feel on board.
The roof’s high-level thermal and acoustic properties eliminate the need for a sunblind, which also helps to reduce vehicle mass.
The roof’s special treatment brings motorists optimal sound comfort.
More useful technology for your benefit
CITROËN has equipped the C4 Cactus with driving aids that make everyday life easier for drivers:
• for trouble-free parking, Park Assist automatically detects a space and helps you park your Citroën C4 Cactus. All you have to do is work the accelerator and brake pedals;
• parking manoeuvres are a cinch thanks to the reversing camera, which displays images on the 7-inch touch tablet;
• Hill start assist automatically maintains the brakes for two seconds, helping drivers to pull away easily on inclines of over 3%;
• static cornering lights provide an additional beam of light to illuminate the inside of bends, improving visibility and safety.