CITROËN continues its offensive at the Shanghai Motor Show
Today the Shanghai International Motor Show opens its doors to the press, a key event for CITROËN. Bolstered by its strengthened partnership with Dongfeng, a new record for sales in 2014 and an ever more attractive range, the brand confirms its momentum in China, its biggest market. On its stand, CITROËN is unveiling the AIRCROSS concept for the first time, an astonishing SUV that illustrates the brand’s ability to create an international and different positioning. Another model highlighted: the Citroën C3-XR. Launched just 4 months ago, the first SUV marketed by Dongfeng CITROËN is already a success with more than 14,000 sold to the end of March. Alongside it, the new C4 Picasso, the MPV leader in Europe, will be launched on the Chinese market in June. Finally, the new C-Elysée confirms its status as the joint enterprise’s best-seller, boosted by the image of its victories in the WTCC championship, one of the rounds of which will be contested in Shanghai in September.
DONGFENG CITROËN: progress on all fronts
In 2014, CITROËN made faster progress in China (+14 %) than the market (+10 %), with a total of 320,000 sales, a new historical record. By representing more than one CITROËN sale in four in the world, the status of China is confirmed as the biggest market for the brand, ahead of France.
CITROËN’s momentum in China is led by:
– a strategic sales offensive in the C segment (more than 1 in 2 car sales in China), with in particular:
– the new Citroën C-Elysée: in 2014, its first full year, this model made its mark as Dongfeng CITROËN’s best-seller with more than 100,000 sales. An ability to attract customers that has been confirmed since the start of 2015 with sales that continue to grow.
– the Citroën C3-XR: this new model, the first SUV produced and marketed by Dongfeng CITROËN, was launched at the end of December 2014. At a time when the SUV segment is growing strongly in China (24% of car sales in 2014, up 9 points from 2012), the C3-XR represents a new strategic strength in the sales offensive by the joint enterprise. To the end of March, with more than 14,000 units since launch, sales have already exceeded the brand’s objectives.
– the new Citroën C4 Picasso: presented as a preview to the Chinese public on the stand at the Shanghai Motor Show, the MPV market leader in Europe will be sold in China from June. Another trump card to win new customers.
A dynamic dealer network of recognised quality, with:
– a 1st place in the 2014 JD Power SSI (Sales Satisfaction Index) classification and a 3rd place in the 2014 JD Power CSI (Customer Service Index) classification;
– an ever denser dealer network: 85% of the main Chinese towns and cities covered with 472 dealers at the end of 2014, and an objective of more than 500 by the end of the year.
The FIA WTCC championship, a tremendous vector for the brand’s image and renown in China, with:
A manufacturer’s world champion title in 2014 carried off with the Citroën C-Elysée WTTC, a competition vehicle based on the new C-Elysée, Dongfeng CITROËN’s best-seller in China (100,000 units sold in 2014).
One of the 12 international rounds contested in Shanghai (25-27 September 2015)
A Chinese driver: Ma Qing Hua. At 27, this driver from Shanghai is the youngest of Citroën Racing’s four WTCC drivers. A subject of national pride, he is the 1st Chinese driver to have won an FIA championship race (in 2014, in Russia, at the wheel of the Citroën C-Elysée WTCC). In 2015, he is committed to all rounds in the championship.
CITROËN AIRCROSS CONCEPT: an illustration of CITROËN’s international positioning, shown for the first time at Shanghai
Astonishing, creative and bold, the new Citroën Aircross concept car, presented for the first time anywhere in Shanghai, confirms the brand’s ability to build an international and different positioning by presenting its own interpretation of the SUV:
– a unique design: balanced and fluid styling that creates a strong identity and a presence little like other SUVs. The Citroën Aircross concept presents a resolutely optimistic spirit;
– comfort, generating energy: an original cabin for another way of living on the road. The interior is modern and bright, fresh and functional, a generator of well-being for mind and body;
– technological intelligence for unstressed mobility, favouring exchanges and sharing in a connected SUV with exceptional graphic interfaces, equipped with Plug-In Hybrid technology.