Citroën C3 production at Poissy Plant tops 500,000
The CITROËN C3 is a resounding success, with worldwide sales topping 3.5 million since the model was first released in 2002. It holds lasting appeal, with its unique personality and remarkable features. The Poissy plant, which started making the C3 in 2009, is proud to celebrate the 500,000th car rolling off the production line toda, this model bears the Origine France Garantie label since 2013.
The Citroën C3, with its unique outline, exudes an endearing personality: the gentle expression of its rounded shape sits comfortably with a decidedly dynamic feel. It’s intelligently designed: one of the most compact cars in its segment, at 3.94 m long and 1.71 m wide, with a turning radius of 10.2 m, which makes it ideally suited to urban driving conditions. Despite the compact footprint, the C3 boasts a spacious interior, and the 300-litre boot is one of the largest in this vehicle category.
The C3 interior is both cosy and modern, with the brand new (spring 2015) 7” touchscreen offering a wealth of useful features:
– new touch-operated navigation, with in-perspective maps, speed limit display, journey times allowing for traffic conditions, and capability for selecting the most fuel-economical route;
– media function (including radio, audio streaming, and connection of mobile devices);
– phone (hands-free function via Bluetooth connection, access to phone-book, and dual-call management;
– access to vehicle parameters.
The bright passenger compartment is designed for well-being in body and mind, with the Zénith windscreen, a real technological prowess that increases the passengers’ upward field of vision by 80° to afford a very pleasant sensation of freedom.
All CITROËN’s renowned expertise in vehicle comfort is there, offering all occupants a delightfully smooth and quiet ride.
With its balanced response and excellent roadholding, and a broad choice of efficient engines, the C3 is equally at ease in the city and on the open road.
All power units meet forthcoming Euro6 regulations: CO2 emissions range from 97 g to 107 g per km with the PureTech petrol engines and from 79 g to 90 g per km with the BlueHDi diesel units.
The Citroën C3 is available in a wide choice of configurations:
– four petrol versions (PureTech 68 manual, PureTech 82 manual, PureTech 82 S&S ETG automatic and PureTech 110 S&S manual) and two diesel versions (BlueHDi 75 manual, BlueHDi 100 S&S manual). None of these versions carry an ecology penalty under the French government’s incentive-disincentive measures;
– three trim levels (Attraction, Confort and Exclusive);
– nine body colours (Banquise white, Pearl white, Belle-île blue, Ink blue, Virtual blue, Aluminium grey, Shark grey, Karma, Pearl black, Ruby red).